Non-surgical Skin Tightening- What Is The Best Treatment Option?
Firmer, Tighter, “Lifted” Skin Without Surgery
Non-surgical Skin Tightening, Non-surgical Face and Neck lift, Improvement Of Deep Wrinkles And Deep Acne Scars.
Non-surgical skin tightening treatment was a hot topic during the Vegas Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Dermatology 2016 meeting in Las Vegas this month.”….microneedles with RF were the first technologies to “shift the needle” in nonsurgical neck tightening” stated Jason D. Bloom, M.D., a facial plastic surgeon in Ardmore, Penn during his presentation at the Vegas Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Dermatology 2016 this month.
Read the entire article in Cosmetic Surgery Times
Surgical facelift and surgical neck lift is the treatment of choice for advanced sagging of face and neck. For those with milder and early facial sagging and those looking for subtle improvement in face and neck, non-surgical skin tightening with MFR is a very viable solution. Surgery may not be suitable for everyone. Those with systemic illness may not be the best candidate for surgery due the risk of general anesthesia, infection, scars etc. Other advantages of non-surgical facelift and non-surgical necklift are minimal discomfort and minimal to no downtime. There is a considerable bruising, swelling and tenderness with surgery for several weeks after surgery.
Best Treatment Options for Non-surgical Neck Tightening, Non-surgical Facelift, Non-surgical Jowl Reduction
Non-surgical skin tightening treatments are in big demand and the options for non surgical facial tightening and non-surgical neck tightening have steadily increased over the last decade. In the recent years we have seen newer approach to non-surgical skin tightening with modalities that work from inside out instead of the traditional treatments which worked from outside in. Below is a summary of different treatments that have been used and are currently available for non-surgical skin tightening :
- IPL- Intense Pulsed Light-Works from outside in, IPL treatment has good results for eliminating sunspots and for reducing rosacea by shrinking down broken capillaries but has minimal results on skin tightening and deep wrinkles.
- Skin Resurfacing lasers- Fractional CO2 and Erbium lasers- Work from outside in. We use the DOT fractional CO2 laser for sun damage and deep wrinkles and our patients have great results for improving skin texture and deeper wrinkles. There is also some improvement in skin tightening. CO2 fractional laser has been shown to improve eyelid tightening with a series of treatments (The Madonnalift) but the results on facial tightening are modest and require treating at high fluence with deeper laser penetration which leads to increase in downtime, and increase in possibility of side effects such as pigment irregularities and scarring making this treatment not a very good option for darker skin types or anyone who is prone to pigmented scars, or those who cannot spare 1 week of downtime.
- Skin Surface Radiofrequency Treatments- Transcutaneous or skin surface application of radiofrequency was first FDA approved for skin tightening in 2002 but over the following years the results were noted to be minimal and inconsistent due to poor penetration of RF.
- Micro-focused Ultrasound- Ultherapy– More recently, micro-focused ultrasound, or Ultherapy, was introduced as the first treatment modality that bypasses the skin surface to target deeper tissues. Ultherapy, however does not work on everyone. Ultherapy works best on the mildest of skin sagging and requires multiple lines of treatments for meaningful results which gets very expensive for both the provider and the patient for very modest results.
- Microneedle Fractional Radiofrequency- MFR-This group of treatments is different than all the above in the sense that the microneedle radiofrequency treatments work from inside out. A number of different devices, including Infini by Lutronic, the Profound by Syneron Candela, Fractora by InMode and Intensif by EndyMed are included in this group and this treatment seems to be the MOST effective for non-surgical skin tightening for those with mild to moderate sagging. Within this group the treatments vary for different set of advantages.
For your non-surgical skin tightening treatment with the MFR, we use a system that has the capability of choosing bipolar or monopolar radiofrequency. Bipolar RF transmits RF between the two electrodes for a shallow loop and monopolar RF penetrates deeper into the dermis than the bipolar RF.
We use gold plated and insulated needles for your treatment which cause minimal trauma (gold plating) and protect your superficial skin from heating up (insulation)for delivery of RF straight into the deeper dermis where it is needed for maximum effect. We recommend adding Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) to enhance your treatment results with use of the healing power of your own blood.
Non-surgical skin tightening with the microneedle fractional radiofrequency is not for everyone. Call 888-210-9693 for a consultation to find out if this is the right treatment for you