Cosmetic Platelet Rich Plasma- PRP in Dallas and Southlake
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is derived from a small amount of your own blood and processed in a centrifuge to extract a concentrated mixture of your platelets and fibroblast growth factors; a good PRP kit can get about three to five times more platelets, growth factors, and active healing proteins from your blood to aid in wound healing. PRP has been used in medical practice all over the world for many years to accelerate wound healing; manage tendon injury, repair ligament and joint damage, aid in healing diabetic ulcers, and help regenerate injured muscle and bone.
In our Southlake and Dallas cosmetic dermatology practice, Cosmetic PRP is placed into the dermis with one or more of the following treatments:
- Intradermal/subdermal injection for volume loss
- Alongside micro-needling radio-frequency for skin tightening and dermal thickness
- With Micropen treatment for fine lines, wrinkles, texture, pore and surface scar improvement
- With an ablative laser like the CO2 fractional laser for improvement in skin texture, fine and deep lines, pores, scars and some skin tightening
What happens with injection of Cosmetic PRP into the skin?
Cosmetic PRP deposit into the skin leads to initiation of a localized stem cell response. Immediately following the PRP injection, the fibrin in the PRP results in quick wound sealing which you experience as an “immediate skin tightening” effect. Over the days following the PRP injection, there is an influx of fibroblasts, your collagen synthesis “factories”. The extra fibroblasts replace the injured tissue with new, healthy collagen resulting in shortening of your recovery time and enhancement of your cosmetic outcome with fresh and rejuvenated skin following your anti-aging skin treatment. Or reduction in the depth of your acne and other scars and stretch marks following your skin treatment for scars and stretch marks.
What are some of the benefits of PRP in cosmetic skin treatments?
We added Cosmetic PRP to our Dallas and Southlake cosmetic dermatology treatments in January 2015 after extensively studying the advantages and possible side effects of this treatment.
Some of the advantages of the Cosmetic PRP are:
- Better reduction of fine lines and wrinkles when used with your non-surgical skin resurfacing treatments like Micropen and CO2 fractional laser
- Improvement in skin tightening and toning following your non-surgical skin tightening treatment, like micro-needle radio-frequency treatment.
- Subtle restoration of collagen and volume loss when injected for volume replenishment
- Improvement of crow’s feet and dark under eye circles when injected below the skin in this area
- Improvement in acne and other scarring when used with skin resurfacing treatments like Micropen and CO2 laser resurfacing
- Improvement in appearance of stretch marks when used with skin ablative (Micropen, CO2 fractional laser treatments.
What are the disadvantages of Cosmetic PRP?
- It requires a small amount of blood from you which may be associated with some discomfort.
- It takes about 20-30 minutes to process. Most of our patients have numbing creme on the treatment area which needs to be on for 20-40 minutes for better patient comfort.
What skin changes to expect after your PRP treatment?
- The skin changes following your PRP treatment start immediately after introduction of the PRP into the skin and continue for months following your treatment:
- First two to four weeks: you will notice an overall improvement in skin tone, texture and hydration.
- Next three to six weeks: You will start to notice an improvement in fine lines and wrinkles and volume restoration due to new collagen and blood vessels. This improvement continues for three to six months.
How long will the results of my Cosmetic PRP treatment Last?
Depending on the individual, the effects of your Cosmetic PRP can last from 12 months to two years.
In our Southlake and Dallas Cosmetic skin care practice, we recommend a touch up or maintenance schedule every six to twelve months depending on your response and skin care goals.
Can Cosmetic PRP be combined with other dermal fillers?
While it creates a longer-lasting effect in the skin, Cosmetic PRP takes time to work and the results for volume restoration and deep folds are subtle. For our patients looking for an immediate effect, we combine Cosmetic PRP with FDA approved hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Belotero Balance for quick volume correction and reduction of deep wrinkles and folds. Cosmetic dermal fillers provide a matrix for building new collagen and can be safely used to accelerate and sustain the effects of Cosmetic PRP.
Is Cosmetic PRP Right for You?
If you would like to find out what Cosmetic PRP can do for you, call 888-210-9693 for your Cosmetic PRP treatment options in Dallas and Southalke